We are often asked to share our knowledge of advanced building science with
other building professionals and the public. To accommodate those
requests, we have developed workshops presented by Bill Eich on a
number of topics, including but not limited to:
Frost protected shallow foundations
moisture problems in buildings
optimum value engineered framing
principles of whole house ventilation
curing common callbacks
Workshops can be tailored to your venue, from
two hours to two days
We also offer direct consultation to building professionals and
Our fee for these services is $800 per day plus expenses,
with a one day minimum. Programs presented throughout North America.
Present Position: President, Bill Eich Construction Company, Inc.
Executive Officer, Home Builders Association of Northwest Iowa
Education & Appropriate Related Training:
• Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering, Iowa State
University, Ames, Iowa
• Attended and/or participated in over 50 technical training workshops,
• Conferences in building science directly related to energy efficient
residential construction in North America.
• Successful remodeler and homebuilder for 28 years, specializing in
energy efficient homes with controlled ventilation for the last 18
• Consultant on energy and moisture related problems in residential
• Special consultant to the Iowa Energy Policy Council.
• Special consultant to the U.S. Department of Energy.
• Iowa State University, Iowa Housing Annual Conference. Several 2-4
hour workshops, 1987-1991.
• Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency. 32 two-hour seminars,
• Lennox Industries. Dealer training on ventilation, 1988.
• Energy Efficient Building Association. Several two to eight hour
programs on superinsulation, ventilation insulated foundations, and
marketing energy efficient homes, 1987-1994, Charter Member and Past
President State of Alaska – Alaska Craftsman Home Program. Seminars on
ventilation, airtight drywall, marketing, and frost protected shallow
foundations, 1990 and 1997.
• National Association of Home Builders. Three-hour program on frost
protected shallow foundation at the Annual Convention, 1990-1993.
Moisture Mystery program at Annual Convention, 1990-1995. Marketing
program, 1996, National Director Builder training programs for the
Municipal Utility in Fort Collins, CO and for Northern Indiana Power and
Light, 1992-1993, 1997-1998 and for the Wisconsin EnergyBureau, 1996.
Served as a consultant to the U.S. Department of Energy on a nationwide
home energyRating program, 1992.
• Assisted the NAHB National Research Center with research on frost
Foundations for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development,
1995 and helped develop a builder training program on shallow
• Authored several technical articles in professional journals such as
Custom Builder, The Journal of Light Construction and Fine
• Director and past President, Energy Efficient Building Association and
on standing Committee for Energy of National Association of Home
• State and national director, local president, National Association of
• 1991 Iowa Energy Efficiency Leadership Award
• 1992 Popular Science Award for Home Technology
• 1995 Qualified Remodeler Top 500.
• 1996 Remodeling Magazine Big 50 Hall of Fame
• 2000 Energy Value in Housing Gold Award